On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Bryan Chan wrote:

I have looked in the mailing list archives but couldn't find the answer, so
please forgive me if this is a FAQ. gccgo includes cmd/cgo, cmd/go, and
cmd/gofmt, but why doesn't it also include cmd/yacc? "go tool yacc" doesn't
work with gccgo by default. However, building the yacc.go with gccgo does
give a proper yacc executable, and moving it into the appropriate location
under $GCCGO/libexec allows "go tool yacc" to work, so it is relatively easy
to support. I wonder if there was a reason for omitting it from gccgo.
There is no special reason. It simply hasn't been added. It's not
clear that it will be added. It might be more useful to make it
go-gettable, so that people who want it for gccgo can easily fetch
it.
We should definitely think about moving cmd/yacc out of the main repo for
Go 1.6. I don't believe we'll still need it for the main repo by then, and
it's probably nicer to get and stay up to date in an unreleased subrepo. I
filed golang.org/issue/11229.

Thanks.
Russ