On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 9:52 PM, David Crawshaw wrote:
I was experimenting with something like bufgl.Context.
Can you give some more detail on what you have in mind for the API? A
bufio.Writer that wraps an io.Writer is much simpler because io.Writer
has only one method, and bufio's Write can fill in sensible return
values without waiting for the underlying io's Write. Also, a
bufio.Writer doesn't prohibit callers from modifying input buffers
after a Write call returns. I suspect that a bufgl.Context will have
to be more complicated in API, not just implementation, if it wants to
be efficient.