On Friday, May 15, 2015 at 3:54:41 PM UTC+1, Josh Bleecher Snyder wrote:
That would make goimports more correct, no doubt about it, but I think your
example is a bit contrived. I've written a good amount of Go code and I have
yet to find an instance of this problem.
Ian is not the only one: golang.org/issue/7463
It seems to me that the comments in the issue agree with my opinion on the
matter. As I'm sure you know, fixing that requires a non-trivial amount of
work and it's very likely to make goimports slower (you'd probably need to
use go/loader with all its drawbacks). Not worth the effort in my opinion.

On the other hand, and just to keep moving on the direction of the original
topic, the more I think of the idea of a "non-visible" daemon for the
package index that you suggested and we talked about the other day (it was
off-list IIRC), the more I like it. I don't have the time to work on that
right now, but it seems like the best approach so far.