On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM, rh wrote:
Please take my recollection with a grain of salt, but if I recall correctly,
the ASN1 support in go has been focused on just what is needed for reading
X.509 certificates (possibly Kerberos, as well, I forget). I can't speak to
the future plans of the Go team, but it would not surprise me if it was not
a high priority.
That's about right. CHOICE can often be implemented as a series of
optional elements however.

Looking back, mapping a very complex structure like ASN.1 to Go's
objects was always going to be a little fraught and I've have to say
that encoding/asn1 has turned out ok, but not great. If you need deep
control of the encoding/decoding, you may be better off writing some
utilities for doing it programatically. (Something like I did for
Chromium: http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/net/cert/asn1_util.h)

Cheers

AGL

--