When a go-routine returns from a syscall (or hits any scheduling point), it can continue execution on a different OS thread. If I'm stepping through the code in GDB, is there any way for GDB to know which thread the next instruction of my go-routine will execute on?

Right now it looks like Go stays on the current OS thread, so it loses the go-routine (http://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=7369). It seems GDB follows OS threads, when we want to follow go-routines.

Is GDB support for Go possible? Wouldn't it require some communication between Go's scheduler and GDB?

Many thanks,
Graham

--

---