In lieu of a build tag, couldn't you also pick at runtime (sync.Once or
init) which one to use based on cache size?

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
On 26/01/14 19:01, minux wrote:
I can't decide which is better, but I'm slightly inclined to the smaller
one.
The larger one has a problem with immediate data - if you disassemble it
you'll see that the linker shoves the immediate data in the middle of
the routine and inserts branch instructions to jump over it which is a
little untidy!
(could we put both in the tree, and use one for armv7a and other for armv5,
and possibly for armv6?)

anyway, I want to hear the benchmark result on ARMv5.

PS: given that GOARM setting now affects the compiler code generation,
can we introduce armv5, armv6 and armv7 build tags?
Having that can solve this problem perfectly: just include both with
different
build tags.
Hmm, nice idea!

--