This is a duplicate, please ignore.
On January 27, 2014 9:12:06 AM PST, Graham King wrote:
Hi,

If you run this code (also pasted below)
http://play.golang.org/p/eribZlGr3B it will block forever on the second
time through the for loop. Change SetMaxIdleConns to 0 and it works.

Problem happens with either MySQL database driver, and with both
db.Query()/Next/Close and db.QueryRow().Scan(). Is it a bug? Could
someone help me understand?

Thanks!
Graham

---

package main

import (
"database/sql"
"fmt"
_ "github.com/go-sql-driver/mysql"
//_ "github.com/ziutek/mymysql/godrv"
)

func main() {
db, err := sql.Open("mysql", "root@tcp(localhost:3306)/nitro")
//db, err := sql.Open("mymysql", "tcp:localhost:3306*nitro/root/")
if err != nil {
fmt.Println(err)
}

db.SetMaxOpenConns(1)
db.SetMaxIdleConns(1) // Change to 0 it will work

var now string
for i := 0; i < 2; i++ {
err := db.QueryRow("SELECT NOW()").Scan(&now)
fmt.Println(i, now, err)

---

---