David,

For now, the best Hosting solution for Static Single Page apps is Netlify (
https://www.netlify.com/pricing), it supports prerendering out-of-the-box
and also provide free ssl for custom domain with one click. So, nowadays,
if you depends on SEO and Prerender you choose go with Netlify hosting
instead of Firebase hosting.

And, of course, you can fire up one nginx/apache/express/etc server to do
the job for you, but if you are looking for "serveless" solution, I prefer
Netlify.

Best regards,

Douglass

David,

Thanks for your feedback. We hear you loud and clear. As Michael said,
we'd like to add pre-rendering to Firebase Hosting. But we have no timeline
for when that may happen. Making assumptions about why this is the case is
not helpful to anyone.

If you need pre-rendering today, Firebase Hosting may currently not be a
good fit for you. Mario has given his (technically impressive) solution to
this accomplish indexing of his dynamic site by all crawlers. I suggest you
focus on a similar constructive solution.

Frank