Hello, I've looked all over and haven't found anything on this.

Is it possible to batch remove items from a firebase array using .$remove?

I'm currently working on an app with a chat function in which I'd like to
automatically delete chat messages once the chat message list becomes a
certain length.

Ideally, I'd do it like this (if, for example, I wanted the messages list
only 5 messages long):

if ($scope.messages.length > 5) {
   $scope.messages.$remove($scope.messages.length - 5, $scope.messages.length
);
}

Please help! I've tried everything...