I’m in trouble with model admin.

I’ve create a CMS with Django and I try to add the last article editor, but
it doesn’t work if the user don’t add his name in the field.

In model.py

class Article(models.Model):

author = models.ManyToManyField(User,
verbose_name=u”auteur”, null=True, blank=True)

author_text = models.CharField(u’auteurs’, null=True,
blank=True, max_lenght=254)

Note: author keeps real “author” of the aritcle, author_text is editable to
show another “author”

def *save*(*self*, *args, **kwargs):

# Si author_text est vide, le remplir avec l'auteur

if not *self*.author_text and *self*.id:

author_text = list()

for author in *self*.author.all():

if author.first_name or author.last_name:

author_name = *" "*.join([author.last_name,
author.first_name])

else:

author_name = author.username

author_text.append(author_name)

*self*.author_text = *", "*.join(author_text)

In admin.py

def *save_model*(*self*, request, obj, form, change):

# Première sauvegarde pour attribuer un ID indispensable à un
M2M

obj.save()

super(ArticleAdmin, *self*).save_model(request, obj, form,
change)

# Ajout de l'auteur à la liste

if not request.user in obj.author.all() or obj.author.all() ==
None:

obj.author.add(request.user)

obj.save()

When I create a new article in admin site, author_text gets author username
(as I expect with my save model), but author stay empty ! If I look at the
article during “save_model”, author get the user, but after “save”, author
is null (as in form).

How can I force author field to record the last author ? can I update admin
form with a default author value ?

Thanks for the answer

Garthh