Hi Dom,

Thanks! The comparison is much appreciated, as is the contribution to the
community.

regards,
Craig
On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:27:44 PM UTC+10, DomKM wrote:

Hi Craig,

Great question! Bidi <https://github.com/juxt/bidi> is a fantastic
library and was my favorite Clojure routing library prior to Silk. The
design of Silk was heavily influenced by that of Bidi.

In terms of commonalities, both Silk and Bidi are bidirectional, pure (no
side effects), based on data composition (not function/macro composition),
extensible via protocols, and decouple matching from handling.

In terms of differences, Bidi is (obviously) not compatible with
ClojureScript. Bidi's design is the most amenable to porting to
ClojureScript of any Clojure library that I've reviewed, but it still makes
many assumptions about using Ring and running in a server environment.
Bidi routes are defined in a tree structure that branches at URL path
segments. While Silk can match any part of a URL, Bidi can only match the
URL path due to its routes structure. I also think that Silk's route syntax
is a lot easier to read and programmatically manipulate than Bidi's, but
this is subjective.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers,
Dom