Kevin,

Typical advice is to not use macros (implicitly used in the gists to build
a CF DSL) when functions or data will suffice. Sometimes however the
syntactic sugar is quite tasty and hard to overlook. I do not have enough
knowledge of the domain to suggest what might be the correct approach in
this case.

Some additional comments:
- your use of with-foo pattern is not idiomatic afaics; this pattern is
typically used to scope run-time resource usage
- in relation to parameters: the means by which defrecord introduces record
attributes may be instructive (if you go the DSL route)

rgds
Craig