Hi

Currently I have created uberjar including all the dependecies for my
jcascalog application and running it using "hadoop jar ..". But I was in
an impression that we can run jcascalog application as standalone
application by providing core-site.xml , mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml
in the class path. But I was never able to connect to the remote namenode
or jobtracker directly.

mapred-site.xml:
<property>
   <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  </property>

core-site.xml
<property>
   <name>fs.default.name</name>
   </property>

Please let me know if I am missing something here. As I am using these
xmls, do I still need to add job-conf.clj ??

Thanks
Sourabh