All, How does one update the extra ansible modules?

I wanted to use the logentries one, but it had an update in it to also
support the "name" value. But if i check on my system with the latest 1.8.4
it still doesn't have the changes that i see on github in it. Sure its
pretty new but also older entry's i cannot find back. When do you know a
update to ansible extra is inside the new version of ansible? Can it be
updated apart from eachother?

Or am i just reading it all wrong and "extra" is what becomes core with a
new release?

Since it is a bit "sketchy" since i don't read too much information about
that in the documentation (or i didn't see it)

Erik