I get the same error when trying to create a redis cache cluster using
Cloud Formation template: "Use of cache security groups is not permitted in
this API version for your account.". I'm creating a AWS::ElastiCache::SecurityGroup
so I can allow access from my EC2 instances and it fails to create the SG.