This report outlines the work carried out in the context of the final
studies’ project performed at the company Mardal S.A.R.L. The goal of this
project is to develop a mobile application (ARRASSID) based on Android
Operating System and dedicated for security issues. This application aims
to monitor the usage of any confidential data used by other applications in
order to detect security aspects in Android. This monitoring should detect
every interaction through the Operating System:
- File system access (read / write): file location, action, success.
- Network usage (WIFI / G3): uses WIFI, uses broadband.
- SMS usage (sending, received, reading): number, message, in/out-going.
- Calling usage (calling, receiving, listening, and recording): number,
- API Usage (address book, system information, permissions, system
settings, and all other existing):
- API name, complete parameters of the interaction, data received by the
- Any other contracted access between OS and app (Research necessary).
In this respect, the user will not only be restricted to the standard
operations of switching on and off, but he can also configure the
application to monitor all install packages. All in all, ARRASSID is not
only supposed to answer the requirements cited above, but also to report
the result of the test to Mardal in a log file containing the name of the
test and the ID of the malicious applications.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Security Discussions" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-security-discuss.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.