On Jul 12, 8:04 am, Pablo Márquez wrote:
When a user closes an app I would assume the "destroy request" is
implicit...
Destruction of an Activity does not necessarily mean death of the
hosting process. Most of the time the opposite - excluding crashes or
when the process is being killed to release resources for something in
the foreground.

Your code needs to be able to handle creation of a new activity in a
re-used process, and unless you set the right flags, even multiple
concurrent instances in the same process.

//OT: Now why won't either browser on ICS device let me trim the
below?

wrote:
the app can request to be destroyed (ANativeActivity_finish())
but the system can also choose to destroy the app (configuration changes,
need more memory for an other app ...)
Philippe