I just setup a libGDX project in Android Studio. Among others, it has two
sub-projects 'android' and 'desktop'.

I have two Run Configurations:

    - The standard 'android' one that gets created automatically
    - A 'desktop' gradle task that is calling desktop:run

The 'desktop' project does not depend on the 'android' project in any way.
However, when I run the desktop configuration, Android Studio tries to
execute android:run, which fails because my emulator is not running (I
don't need that for a Desktop build).

If I run the following manually inside the terminal:

     ./gradlew desktop:run

Gradle runs as expected without invoking android:run

I already rebuilt the project and cleared Android Studio's caches, but
described behavior remains. Any ideas what is causing this?

Android Studio version: 2.1
Gradle version: 2.13
OSX version: 10.11.4
Java version: 1.8.0_77