On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Mark Murphy wrote:
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM, VGNU Linux wrote:
I am new to android and followed a tutorial to display mapview.
(https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/hello-mapview)
The mapview also displays traffic information using the a method
"mapview.setTraffic(true)".
The map view displays traffic information as lines red,green and yellow.
My question here is it possible to extract this traffic information ?
Not really.
I am trying to capture this traffic information and then convert it as audio
and relay it to the user.
Then pay for some service that gives you traffic data via an API.
Along with relaying this information as audio to the end user I also want
to show a map with their location on it.
Do you think google provides this services ? If not which other companies
or organization provides such services ?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.8 Available!

VGNU