hi,

I noticed that in the currently-released source code of the MMS app,
there are two files, Divot.java and QuickContactDivot.java, both in
the com.android.mms.ui package, which contain in the header the
following copyright notice:

// Copyright 2011 Google Inc.
// All Rights Reserved.

This is especially odd given that the rest of the package is under the
Apache 2 license. I would like to adapt this code (and the related
images, msg_bubble_right and msg_bubble_left) for use in my
application but will not do so if it would violate some copyright of
Google's.

Is this copyright notice just a mistake, or does Google actually
intend to have a different licensing regime for these two files than
for the rest of the app? If the latter, do the related images also
fall under this stricter regime?

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can provide!

--
mike castleman
mailto:m@mlcastle.net