I'm doing some analysis of a query and looking at the indexes vs the query.

The table has several indexes and one of them is on district+period+a few
other columns.

The query is doing this:

where district = 'ABC'
and period between '201210' and '201211'

I'm wondering (and the execution plan's really not showing my much here, it
still is picking up a completely different index anyway, which I can't
explain yet) if there's any difference between this:

where district = 'ABC'
and period between '201210' and '201211'

and this:

where district = 'ABC'
and period >= '201210'
and period <= '201211'

Been talking to Google, but haven't found anything yet.

(Oh we're talking Oracle 9207 on HPUX 11.11)

Thanks
Steve

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle