I haven't done the exact migration you're describing, but similar: we migrated a handful of databases from 2003 R2 x64 to 2008 R2 x64. No issues. Oracle did not seem to care.

Stephan Uzzell

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Steve Wales
Sent: Monday, 17 September, 2012 21:40
To: 'Bobak, Mark'; oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: RE: Upgrading OS from Win 2003 to Win 2003 R2

I know that it is supported, that was the first thing I checked this afternoon.

I'm more concerned about any hidden gotcha's from doing shutdown on one server (2003), copying data files to 2003R2 and doing the startup.

I haven't found any concerns and I think Oracle won't care (I'm hoping it shrugs its virtual shoulders and says "Meh, Windows is Windows, I don't care", but I don't want them to build an R2 server and then find out that it won't work and then have to make them build a 2003 server.

Steve

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 18, '12 at 12:43a