Check 'Certifications' on MOS. (I think you'll find it's supported.)

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Steve Wales
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 7:49 PM
To: oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: Upgrading OS from Win 2003 to Win 2003 R2

I have a DB Server that's currently running Win 2003 SP2 32-bit and Oracle 10.2.0.4.

We're moving the machine to a new physical location - well, actually, it's a new machine that we're going to copy the data files over to in the new location.

DB version will be the same, Server Admin wants to use the opportunity to upgrade to OS to Win 2003 R2 SP2 32-bit.

I don't think that's going to cause Oracle any issues (for example, you apply an Oracle software upgrade, you need to run the patch upgrade scripts
etc) but I haven't been able to find any evidence one way or the other so far.

Anyone have any evidence one way or the other as to whether we can do this
and if there will be any database issues? Server admin would really like
to upgrade the Operating System for longer term viability (this database won't be being upgraded any time soon) but I also don't want to see any issues with the database either.

Thanks,
Steve

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle