hoped for. To insure minimal issues; prior to the migration I would
want to patch the current DB server to the Oracle release you're
intending to run on the new server.

On 09/18/2012 07:34 AM, Uzzell, Stephan wrote:
I haven't done the exact migration you're describing, but similar: we migrated a handful of databases from 2003 R2 x64 to 2008 R2 x64. No issues. Oracle did not seem to care.

Stephan Uzzell

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Steve Wales
Sent: Monday, 17 September, 2012 21:40
To: 'Bobak, Mark'; oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: RE: Upgrading OS from Win 2003 to Win 2003 R2

I know that it is supported, that was the first thing I checked this afternoon.

I'm more concerned about any hidden gotcha's from doing shutdown on one server (2003), copying data files to 2003R2 and doing the startup.

I haven't found any concerns and I think Oracle won't care (I'm hoping it shrugs its virtual shoulders and says "Meh, Windows is Windows, I don't care", but I don't want them to build an R2 server and then find out that it won't work and then have to make them build a 2003 server.

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 18, '12 at 12:43a