hi
when you are giving startup it will lokk for spfile at $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
location only.
create pfile using spfile and start stop the datbase otherwise.and check
check the path and SID it is pointing to in environment.
have you put proper entry in oratab..
listener and tnsfiles has nothing to do with startup and
shutdown..thanks..subodh

On 24 October 2010 22:42, Guilherme Raymo Longo