hi,

may be a little stupid question
db version 10.2.0.4
is it possible to change master table structure and an underlying mview
as a consequence without dropping this mview and creating it again, and
granting privileges, and whatever more... ?

For now an answer is NO - simple test (change master table i.e. resize
varchar2 type field to be longer, and then manual alter on table bound
with mview) gives as a result the COMPILATION_ERROR in some fields of
dba_mviews. Research on Google or Metalink does not give me a stright
answer, because actually I found nothing (and that is why I ask here).
May be I missed something obvious (or not so obvious) ?

Best regards
Remigiusz

--
Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski

pos : DBA at Service Delivery Department/Capacity And Performance Team
addr : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone: +48 58 667 17 43 mobile: +48 602 42 42 77

Nordea Bank Polska S.A. z siedzib? w Gdyni, ul. Kielecka 2, 81-303 Gdynia,
wpisan? do Rejestru Przedsi?biorców Krajowego Rejestru S?dowego pod numerem: 0000021828,
dla której dokumentacj? przechowuje S?d Rejonowy Gda?sk - Pó?noc w Gda?sku,
VIII Wydzia? Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru S?dowego,
o kapitale zak?adowym i wp?aconym w wysoko?ci: 227.593.500,00 z?otych,
NIP: 586-000-78-20, REGON: 190024711

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJul 3, '09 at 9:54a