Burleson has a fairly decent and succinct description of the rowid formats:
http://www.remote-dba.net/10g_46.htm

Keep in mind that the rowid format is a little different for bigfile
tablespaces in 10g and higher. You can use dbms_rowid to retrieve the
various components that make up the rowid.

--
Jason Heinrich

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Mathias Magnusson <