If using a pfile, what goes in sys.aud$ when audit_trail is set to DB?
We ran into a scenario where we want to change auditing on a DB, but the
pfile has audit_trail=NONE, hence we have to bounce. I think if we set
it to DB across the enterprise, we can turn auditing on and off at will
via the 'AUDIT XXX' command. Does setting this parm to DB have any
effect other than allowing you to turn auditing on and off, and
directing the audited information to sys.aud$? Does simply setting it
to 'DB' cause info to go in the sys.aud$, even if you haven't enabled
auditing?

Thanks- Chris

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle