Hello Friend

Thank you for answer .., let's check.

2008/6/12, Riyaj Shamsudeen :
Hello Waldirio
the time to the first machine detect the second machine powered off is
very big (between 1 and 2 min),
How are you measuring this time? Are you checking alert log or are you
using DB connections to check it?
I was check this time starting when I have been send the shutdown to
server until the second VIP interface up on second node (backup node).

Can you also send crsd.log?

Ok, following the address because the size ...
http://rafb.net/p/hqE13995.html

When I send the power off on first node, on second node (crsd log on link
above), on line 1 log the message "[ COMMCRS][1147169120]clsc_receive:
(0xc6d180) Error receiving, ns (12535, 12560), transport (505, 110, 0)" and
still "Connection not active" until line 2045.

PS: Now, my VIP address of first node don't migrated to second node later
power off ... (maybe will be necessary re-install the OS and Oracle
ClusterWare, because I've changed the system a lot of to test)

Further, refer $CRS_HOME/bin/racgvip and there are few parameters such as
check interval, restart attempts etc controlling behavior of VIP failover
too. Not sure, they are applicable when machine is rebooted since heartbeat
will fail before vip check..
Yes, I checked this file too, but don't changed.

Now, looking the crsd log file, I believe the Oracle know when another node
is out, but who is responsible to make a failover (mount the aliases of VIP
on another machine) !? (Script, Daemon, Angel :P )

Thank you friends for help.
Waldirio

Cheers
Riyaj Shamsudeen
The Pythian Group www.pythian.com
Personal blog: orainternals.wordpress.com

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro wrote:
Hello Friends
I'd like to ask about Oracle RAC in Linux environment. I installed two
machine with RedHat AS 4Up5 and Oracle 10.2.0.3 <http://10.2.0.3/> with
ClusterWare. The installation finish with successful and the data base work
fine.
I checked my environment of availability with the test below:
Station cambeba UP
Station cangua UP
# crs_stat -t
Name Type Target State Host
ora....BA.lsnr application ONLINE ONLINE cambeba
ora....eba.gsd application ONLINE ONLINE cambeba
ora....eba.ons application ONLINE ONLINE cambeba
ora....eba.vip application ONLINE ONLINE cambeba
ora....UA.lsnr application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora.cangua.gsd application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora.cangua.ons application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora.cangua.vip application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora.ora10gq.db application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora....q1.inst application ONLINE ONLINE cangua
ora....q2.inst application ONLINE ONLINE cambeba
At this point, that's ok, but when I force a power off in cangua or
cambeba (the name of my machines), the time to the firt machine detect the
second machine powered off is very big (between 1 and 2 min), so, if my
client was working, will lost the query for time out.
I changed the configurations in objects ora.cambeba.vip and
ora.cangua.vip, but without successful.
Any Ideia to fix this problem (decrease the time of check between nodes
on cluster) ?!?!
PS: I checked in list database, but without successful about this problem

Thanks in advanced.
--
______________
Atenciosamente