Hi All,

I am having an IBM xSeries 346 Server and i have installed RedHat ES
3.0(32-bit OS).
I am planning to install Oracle 10G Release 2.
The hardware has 8Gb RAM and Intel Xeon Processor.

According to my Database administrator, he says that if the OS is not 64-bit
then the database cannot use the complete 8GB RAM.

But from my previous experience, we were having oracle 10g and we were
running on RedHat ES 3.0 (32-bit) and it was working fine.

Can you guys advice me on this...

Should i upgrade to 64-bit OS so that Oracle uses 8GB RAM ??

Thanks in advance,

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJun 11, '07 at 12:36a
activeJun 11, '07 at 1:09a
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Anurag Verma: 1 post Michael Haddon: 1 post