From: DIANNA GIBBS
To: DIANNA GIBBS; oracle-l@freelists.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:34:19 AM
Subject: AIX GPFS to Raw Devices

Our O/S team is looking to move our file system from current GPFS 2.3
to a file system
of Raw Devices. AIX 5.2 and Oracle 9206. We have disabled RAC and are
in the
process of relinking the libraries with RAC off, although once we
migrate to 10g, we
will enable RAC again. Is this O/S file system move doable and what
are some
of my concerns from the Oracle standpoint?
What should we be aware of? Do I have to export/import database or can
we move
files at O/S level? Are there any best practice papers for this? I
have not used Raw
Devices w/oracle...are there papers for running Oracle on Raw Devices?
I've found
no information on Metalink, but I have opened an SR.

Any thoughts, comments appreciated. Thanks.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 20, '07 at 5:34p
activeFeb 21, '07 at 4:56a