On 11/28/06, Alberto Dell'Era wrote:
I think there's a misunderstanding here, I was just asking to Chris
whether the new column, that has to be added on the base table,
possibly with a default value, has to be propagated to the MV also (so
with the same value) or not.

Eg
old mv : create materialized view as select a from t_at_dblink
say you "alter table t add (new_column int default 42)"
has the mv to be logically modified to
create materialized view as select a, new_column from t_at_dblink
or does it stay the same, ignoring new_column ?
Ah, I see.

If that were the case, there's little else to do.

Adding a column to the table does not invalidate any of the
objects used for the materialized view, and it will still work
properly.

--
Jared Still

grouporacle-l @