On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 11:49 -0400, Ray Stell wrote:
I generated some scipts with 10.2.0.1 to see what they looked like.
I posted this at metal ink and got no response.

dbca generated scripts used to use the CREATE DATABASE command. I was
looking at
the script generated from 10.2.0.1 on linux and I see this command is
not used. The
script uses:

Create controlfile reuse set database ...
exec dbms_backup_restore.zerodbid(0);
SQL> shutdown immediate;
ORA-01109: database not open
startup nomount pfile=...
Create controlfile reuse set database ...

This is unexpected. Why is this the prefered method for creating a db?
Is this some
sort of improvement via this method?
Hi,

i am not really sure, but i think you was trying to create the prepared
database which is on the Media you've downloaded.

This database is shipped as a backup, iirc.

If you build a complete new database, you will find the CREATE DATABASE
statement in the scripts.

hth

Jörg

grouporacle-l @