From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:59 PM
To: Smith, Ron; M Rafiq; tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Slow Export

Interesting. SQL*Net trace level 16 dumps a LOT of stuff to disk.

It's possible that the combination of the SQL*Net trace writes and the exp writes are killing your I/O. When the export runs remotely, the SQL*Net trace writes still happen, but the export writes are on another host.....

It's worth commenting that stuff out of youe sqlnet.ora. Also, if this is at all a busy database, you may want to clean out /oracle_rdbms/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/network/trace which probably has lots of useless *.trc files in it.

I'd comment those lines from sqlnet.ora and try re-running the exp.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."