From: Bobak, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 3:15 PM
To: Smith, Ron; tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee; ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Slow Export

Hmm....so, they explicitly deperm access to the truss binary? On most Sun servers, it's in /usr/bin, and you should not need root permission to truss an oracle owned process. If you can login as the user who started the database (presumably oracle), that should be good enough to do the trace. Unless they really do explicitly deperm the binary. If that's true, I'd argue that's a battle you need to fight, in order to do you job well, you need access to O/S level tools like truss. (I know, I know, easier said than done....;-))

As for the V$SESSION_WAIT output, what do you mean by "looks low"? Are you seeing waits? What are they?

Also, regarding Tanel's last question, are you exporting locally, or over the network?

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."