PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is not a limit, it can be exceeded.
PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET is a guideline which tells oracle

how much memory do you want to devote to oracle servers. Your limit is
ridiculously low so Oracle is probably ignoring it

completely and is using its own default, which is something like 10% of the
available memory (just guessing here). Of course,

available memory doesn't have to be physical memory, it is virtual memory,
thus the numbers you see. Of course, that too

is not very precise, as it shows "sum" for the system. I would look into
session statistics and sum PGA for the user sessions.

This way, Oracle thinks that you have just defined the number of holes on
PGA sanctioned courses.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121