AFAIK, you do not need to buy anything new.
You install the OID, put the repository into a new, or existing, DB,
configure the client and away you go.
I tested it sometimes ago and it worked OK.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Kennedy, Jim wrote:
I've done a Metalink and a Google search and I am just not getting the
traction on this question. I want to investigate using LDAP to
replace pushing all those tnsnames.ora files around. I am on 9i and
we have Unix and MS Windows clients. (db''s on Unix) I've read the
docs (Oracle 9i Net Services Administraror's Guide etc.) and searched
Metalink ( 217270.1 ) and otn
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oid/htdocs/namesmigration1.html,
http://download-west.oracle.com/oowsf2004/1457_wp.pdf) etc. and it
seems like you can't just use LDAP, but have to create YAOD (yet
another Oracle Database) and use Oracle Internet Directory. That's
great if I want to buy and configure more Oracle stuff, but really I
just want to piggy back on our current LDAP servers. I don't want to
fight the political battle of adding yet another LDAP server to the
islands of data.

Anyone have a link to a white paper or more info? I'm looking for a
simple step by step brain dead example. eg I want to use the ldap
server on my desktop, add info to it and have it work as a small POC.

Thanks,
Jim

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle