Open the OracleNet port(1521?) on the XP machine's firewall.

Cheers,
Dimitre

Original Message -----
From: Onkar N Tiwary
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:42 PM
Subject: TNS Timeout error

hi all,

I am facing one very strange problem. My oracle 9i rel 2 server is installed on windows xp where its working fine. But when i am installing client on windows 2000 prof and trying to tnsping the service name, its giving ORA-12535: TNS Operation timed out. I just don know why its happening? is it because of xp and 2k prof or sth else. I tried from xp system also but of no use. all the time i am getting this error. Any idea?

TIa

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath