From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of Marquez, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:39 AM
To: David Sharples
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Changing Oracle gid and uid?
Might be 'safer' to un-install / reinstall the software
Man I hope not.... :o|
you would also have to reset the setuid permission on the oracle executable
But I *think* this is covered by these instructions?

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
vi config.[cs]
...be sure you are using the group defined in this file relink the Oracle executable as below.
rm config.o
make -f ins_rdbms.mk config.o ioracle

I found this (above) in an Oracle doc, but really as part of another subject.
Can not find the "Change oracle gid-uid" doc I'm looking for on Metalink?

Thanks,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA