On Tuesday 06 September 2005 08:42, Parker, Matthew wrote:
As Jim mentioned there is the DUL (Data Unloader ) tool that Oracle
consulting can use for you. The normal stated accuracy is 99% depending on
your system. It never understood how to follow chained rows. You are lucky
to be on 8.1.6 as they never updated the tool to 9i/10g according to the
developer, ( a project sometime in the future for him).

Give us so more details about what exactly happened and what you have of
your database, then we may be able to help you.
hi,

here first the short version of what was happend.

First off all, the database belongs to a small customer of our company.
This
customer doesn't take care of the backup what we have learned the hard way.

After a harddisk failure, which was not recoverable, some datafiles get
lost,
other datafile get corrupted and some are totally ok.

Controlfiles are lost
System - Datafile is good
Rollback is totally lost
Redo Logs are good
Temp is good
User_Data was a bunch of 6 Files
File 1 is good

File 2 is corrupted (4 Blocks including Block# 1)
File 3 is corrupted (1 Block)
File 4 is corrupted (2 Blocks including Block# 1)
File 5 is corrupted (48 Blocks including Block# 1)

File 6 is missing

A Problem is, that we are not able to determine the right filename for some
of
the files. The corrupted ones are the result of the recover of the bad hard
-
disk. The original filename was lost, so we are unable to get the right
filename. Unfortunatly dbv is not giving the filename or filenumber as a
result of the offline check.

My intention is now to read or even export the data, which is included in
the
datafiles of the tablespace USER_DATA.

Because of the missing controlfiles, i try to create new ones with the
following SQL:

STARTUP NOMOUNT

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE

SET DATABASE SCHU

RESETLOGS

NOARCHIVELOG

MAXLOGFILES 32

MAXLOGMEMBERS 2

MAXDATAFILES 254

MAXINSTANCES 8

MAXLOGHISTORY 907

LOGFILE

GROUP 1 '/pro1/oradata/SCHU/redo01.log' SIZE 10M,
GROUP 2 '/pro1/oradata/SCHU/redo02.log' SIZE 10M,
GROUP 3 '/pro1/oradata/SCHU/redo03.log' SIZE 10M

DATAFILE

'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/system01.dbf',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/temp01.dbf',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr1SCHU.dbf',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr2SCHU.ora',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr3SCHU.ora',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr4SCHU.ora',
'/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr5SCHU.ora'

CHARACTER SET WE8PC850;

The init.ora includes the parameter _allow_resetlogs_corruption=true

The above mentioned SQL fails with the following error:

ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE gescheitert
ORA-01210: Datendatei-Header hat physikalischen Fehler
ORA-01110: Datendatei : '/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr2SCHU.ora'

sorry for german, here the english translation:

ORA-01503 CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01210 data file header is media corrupt
ORA-01110 data file '/pro1/oradata/SCHU/usr2SCHU.ora'

This is my point now. I have to restore the header of the files with a
corrupt
block# 1 i think. But i don't know how.

So i thought about an offline datafile reader like dbv, which is able to
get
the data out of the datafiles.

I will also start to discuss this with the Oracle support as well. But if
someone of you have any ideas, i will of course appreciate this.

Thx in advance.

Jörg

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle