This is a disaster recovery test. No catalog. Everything else is
backed up. Mount points may not be the same.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Williams
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 9:58 AM
To: Smith, Ron L.
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Link to RMAN alternate host restore

Ron,

Production?? I assume this is a crisis.
You didn't mention your server. I'll assume Unix.
The key is whether you can put the RMAN backup file to the same

path where they were originally backed up to. In a pinch you can try
creating a link for the original location. Do you have a copy of the
control file taken after the backup? That will make it much easier. I'm
assuming that you backed the database up to disk. RMAN will want to
restore the data files to the original locations. If those locations are
unavailable you can tell RMAN to use a different location for each file.

You only need the dbid if you are using a catalog. Two
databases with the same dbid can't be registered in the same catalog.

Dennis Williams