From: Vitalis Jerome [mailto:vitalisman_at_gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:43 AM
To: Smith, Ron L.
Cc: oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: Re: RMAN - Not reporting backups

If you don't issue any "delete obsolete;" command, the retention policy
in your configuration is useless. And if you don't issue any "delete
backupset" (et al) or "delete obsolete specific_policy]" command, the
"list backup;" should list all backups in the control file.

Since control_file_record_keep_time is set to 21, the result is strange.
Was the control file recreated recently? Is the database refreshed
regularly (thanks to a duplication for instance)?