Don't run them in the background (&). The second and third statements
won't run until the previous SQL finishes.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
On Behalf Of d cheng
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:49 PM
To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: shell scripting help

Hi Listers,

I have a korn shell script which needs to run 3 sqlplus scripts

in parallel then run the final sqlplus script. Is there a way to ensure
that sqlplus scripts 1 thru 3 completes before running the final sqlplus
script? I am a newbie in shell scripting.

<< shell script snippet >>
sqlplus un/pw @script1.sql &
sqlplus un/pw @script2.sql &
sqlplus un/pw @script3.sql &
sqlplus un/pw @final.sql
exit

Thank you in advance for your help!

- David

http://mail.yahoo.com

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedAug 3, '05 at 4:50p