From: Jared Still
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 12:29 PM
To: Smith, Ron L.
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: The Java RunTime Environment was not found at

bin/jre.

The first thing you are doing wrong is installing 8.1.7.

This version of Oracle can be rather difficult to install on
linux.

You would be *much* better off installing 9.2.0.4 and patching
to 9.2.0.6

(Or can 9206 be installed directly now? Check MetaLink/OTN )

See http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml

Jared