david hill wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to investigate performance of one our db's where db file
sequential read are 90% of waits
This means that your application is reading blocks from indexes. Is
performance of the
application unaccpetable? If so, you should set the event 10046, level 8
in the session
executing the application and see what took the longest (tkprof with
sort=exeela will give you that)
and tune that particular statement.
Oracle 9.2.0.6, on a RHEL 3, dual Xeon box
Everything's on a raid 5, 7+1, Hitachi SAN
Wow! RAID-5. You should join the battle against any raid five
(http://www.baarf.com). You should also
read few articles from www.hotsos.com
So with a few test's here what I came up with
I can do a full table scan I can read 225,525 disk reads in 40 seconds

Full table scans don't wait for db file sequential reads. They wait for
db file scattered reads. In this case
you may want to not use index.

--
Mladen Gogala