LINK$

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
On Behalf Of John P Weatherman
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:54 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Password for sys, system account - Uncooperative client

While I totally agree that sys and system don't need to be given to
anyone other than the primary DBA and then sealed in an envelope hidden
away in a safe, I am not so clear on why granting select any dictionary
is as big a concern. As far as I know, this only allows view access to
the data dictionary, which pretty much anyone doing any tuning or
monitoring probably needs. Even OEM assumes a non-sys/non-system
account with this level of privilege which is used for monitoring. Is
there a specific reason not to let people have select any dictionary? =20

Just curious.