Thanks for all your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Gogala =20
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:11 AM
To: Smith, Ron L.
Cc: 'Oracle-L (E-mail)'
Subject: Re: Does (block)Size really matter?

Smith, Ron L. wrote:
I have a process that sends data through a dblink to an intermediate=20
database and then on to another database. The first database is=20
blocked at 4096, the second is at 8192, the third at 8192. Response is
slow (5000 rows in 1.5 hours. Could the difference in block size be a=20
factor?

Thanks!
Ron

=20
Ron, I am unaware of any SQL command named "SEND". Define "SEND". Are=20
you executing remote
procedure, inserting in a remote table or testing CPIP protocol=20
(Carrier Pigeon Internet Protocol)?
Is there a way to see the events you are waiting on? The word "slow" =20
usually means that you are waiting
on something. Without having the exact timings and analysis, I have to=20
use tea leaves from my Earl Grey
teabags. They tell me that you are waiting on Messiah's second coming=20
and that's bound to be slow.
I'll have to buy Sir Winston's, they seem to be better for prophecies.=20
Of course, the classic method
is using laurel leaves, fall in trance and then utter a prophecy. That=20
used to be known as Said Quixotically on
Laurel or SQL, for short.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA