Hello,
I am in the process of upgrading 8i (8.1.7.4) and 9i (9.2.0.4) databases to 10g (10.1.0.3) on UNIX.
I assume many of us would have tried and successfully completed the process.
I was also able to migrate some databases.. but with every database there is a new challenge (I am not complaning about it.. It is fun and a good source to learn).
In some cases there are multiple databases up and running on the box during the upgrade.
Any tips on shared pool during the upgrade as well as OS Shared memory ? (NOTE : I have already set these parameters to more than or equal to the suggested values)
How about ULIMIT ? Do you set it to ulimited for all the values ?
If you can share your experiences on upgrades would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have fun.

Nik.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle