Paul,

I suppose in the case 1. and 2. you mentioned you have
SQL's running much much longer then you need for the
parsing.

Why are you bother what is the library cache hit rate?

I have that hit even worse, but do not care about 0.01
second of parsing time while SQL's are running more
then 10 seconds.

What is the parse CPU time/CPU used time by session
ratio?

What are you trying to fix? Which performance problem?

Regards,
Zoran

Paul Drake wrote:
10.1.0.3 / win32 (w2k svr sp4)
just a heads up - we're hit issues with
cursor_sharing = SIMILAR in in
ternal testing of 10g.

1. involving database links (where cursor_sharing =
EXACT has to be used)
2. involving somewhat complex queries using GROUPING

setting cursor_sharing=EXACT relieved the symptoms.
going to try cursor_sharing_exact hint.
we're still not ready for cursor_sharing=EXACT in
production if we
want less than a 42% miss rate in the library cache
sql area
(*choke*).

Pd