Mike,
We converted our SAP database to Unicode over the Labor Day=20
weekend. Now we are seeing lots and lots of latch waits and
buffer busy waits.
This might be way off, but did you change the NLS parameter values from the
OS side and client side as well ? If not, the translation layer may be
working overtime to check/convert charsets and thus impose a larger than
usual CPU load, and this may result in what you describe....

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I
Jn 4:18

The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **